This February we're making our way to the place known for cowboy boots, BBQ, country music stars and hot chicken. That's right, TriMech is headed to Music City AKA Nashville, TN for 3DEXPERIENCE World on February 9th!
It will be a much-welcome reprieve from the blistering cold and piles of snow for many of our clients, but also an excellent time to network with designers, engineers, entrepreneurs and business leaders as well as explore new technologies, processes, ideas, improvements and so much more!
We have your must-know information for navigating this year’s event.
- The Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar - TriMech Client Appreciation Event
- TriMech Charity Bike Build
- General Sessions
- Breakout Sessions
- SOLIDWORKS User Group Network Summit
- 3DEXPERIENCE Playground
- Tuesday Special Event
The Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar - TriMech Client Appreciation Event
To get you in the mood for the exciting week ahead, we kicking everything off with a client appreciation reception! Join us at Nashville's only dueling piano bar, The Big Bang, on Sunday, February 9th, at 7pm CT. It'll be an evening of fun, networking with your TriMech team, food, drinks and lots of music! Interested in joining the party? RSVP here by February 3rd.
If you're lucky there may even be a sing-along or two!
TriMech Charity Bike Build
This year we have a second event where you can spend time with the TriMech team and even do good for some children! Sunday morning, before our client appreciation event, you are invited to join us as we give a little back to the community at our Charity Bike Build. We will gather together and assemble bikes that will be donated to the Boys & Girls Club of Middle Tennessee! Interested in attending or purchasing a donation package? Register to help assemble the bikes here and/or email Caitlin Tarner to discuss different packages here.
Each day of the conference starts with a general session where everyone gathers together to listen to speakers consisting of engineers, athletes, innovators, CEOs, presidents, company founders, industry leaders and more. You'll hear stories about how these people started their own company, changed the path a company was on or even how their life was affected by this technology. We don't think anyone will leave the room uninspired and you'll have new ideas and motivation to help grow your own business.
Not going to make it to Nashville this year? You can stream 3DEXPERIENCE World 2020 on the SOLIDWORKS YouTube channel straight from your home or office. Add each general session to your calendar, so you don't miss the webcast! The themes for each session will be as follows:
Discover Your New Potential
The first general session will be based around the winning combination of human ingenuity and cutting-edge technology, enabling us to enter into the Industry Renaissance.
But sometimes one isn't enough. You can join back Monday afternoon at 1:30pm for an additional keynote session, highlighting how 3DEXPERIENCE WORKS is opening up doors to innovation across businesses, industries and products.
Day one has six exciting speakers: Bernard Charlès, Gian Paolo Bassi, Charles Adler, Mike Schulz, Marc McCauley and Jesse Hahne.
Extend Your Capability
The next day starts as a "choose your own adventure" style meeting because you get the chance to pick between two concurrent general sessions for a deep dive into a topic.
- Powering Innovation in Design With SOLIDWORKS: This session is targeted at the SOLIDWORKS builders, makers, innovators and leaders. You will explore the latest and greatest things happening with the software which will broaden your mind of what's possible and start your brain buzzing with ideas for your customers.
- Powering Innovation in Manufacturing with DELMIAWORKS: The manufacturing industry is faced with so many changes, challenges, demands and decisions it can make your head spin. In this breakout session, you will see how DELMIAWORKS and 3DEXPERIENCE WORKS can be used together for a "shop floor-first" focus to streamline processes across all facets of manufacturing.
Day two speakers include Gian Paolo Bassi, Manish Kumar, Brad Thompson, Enes Caldir, Mustafa Tulu and Mikael Kajbring.
Future-Proof Your Creativity
On the last day, we'll all gather one final time to hear from industry pioneers and learn how the skills and strategies everyone shared at World can come together and help your company power innovation, growth and prosperity. The final speakers are Gian Paolo Bassi, Suchit Jain, Dean Kamen, Sam Rogers, Eric Haddad, Michael Mendonca and Danielle Boyer.
3DEXPERIENCE World 2020 will include over 350 educational training sessions where you can learn new skills and discover tricks to overcome everyday challenges. Seventeen TriMech engineers will be sharing their expertise during twenty different training sessions on customization, PDM templates, SOLIDWORKS CAM, rendering, mesh modeling, assemblies and more.
|Monday, February 10th|
|Taming the TechDB - How to Make SOLIDWORKS CAM Work for You||10:30am - 11:00am||Paul Ludwick|
|SOLIDWORKS Templates 101: Parts, Assemblies and Drawings||10:30am - 12:00pm||Eric Bright|
|The Best Rendering Resources and How to Use Them||10:30am - 12:00pm||Chris Mowatt|
|Getting Started With 3D Creator (xDesign)||2:45pm - 3:45pm||Matt Kokoski|
|SOLIDWORKS Assembly Tips and Tricks||4:15pm - 5:15pm||John Hall|
|The Power of Mesh Modeling||5:30pm - 6:00pm||Eric Lanoue|
|How to Integrate 3D Scanning Into Your SOLIDWORKS Workflow||5:30pm - 6:00pm||Brian Metzger|
|Tuesday, February 11th|
|Leveraging SOLIDWORKS Tools to Create a Drawingless Environment||11:30am - 12:00pm||John Hall & Paul Ludwick|
|Automate Folder and File Creation With Templates in SOLIDWORKS PDM||1:30pm - 2:30pm||Tim Paris|
|Tales From the Trenches: Developing Procedures for SOLIDWORKS Electrical||1:30pm - 2:30pm||Tim Pulaski|
|Protect Intellectual Property and Increase Assembly Performance||1:30pm - 2:30pm||Tracy Wettig|
|Surfacing Tools for Solid Designs: A Hybrid Modeling Method||4:15pm - 5:15pm||
|Customize Your SOLIDWORKS||5:30pm - 6:00pm||Tommy Ray & Stephen Choi|
|Wednesday, February 12th|
|Secrets of SOLIDWORKS Mold Tools||10:30am - 12:00pm||Leon Austin|
|SOLIDWORKS Tune-Up: Large Assembly Management||10:30am - 12:00pm||Ralph Gillis|
|Real Good Tips; Real Bad Jokes||1:30pm - 2:30pm||Paul Ludwick & Sean Belleau|
|60 Tips in 60 Minutes||1:30pm - 2:30pm||Stephen Petrock|
|Using SOLIDWORKS CAM for Your Waterjet, Plasma and Laser Machining||2:45pm - 3:45pm||
|All the Great Enhancements to SOLIDWORKS Sketches From the Past Decade||2:45pm - 3:45pm||Chang Lee|
|How to Create and Manage Redline/Markups Using PDM and eDrawings||2:45pm - 3:45pm||Keith Thompson|
World always brings a big crowd, so make sure to sign up before these sessions are filled! You can check out the full session agenda here.
SOLIDWORKS User Group Network Summit
The SOLIDWORKS User Group Network (SWUGN) Summit is a 3DEXPERIENCE World staple! Whether you're an avid user of SOLIDWORKS or not, you're encouraged to register to learn about the user group network in-person. This will give you a chance to meet your local and regional leaders and discover how you can get involved!
Say goodbye to the Partner Pavilion, and say hello to the 3DEXPERIENCE Playground! This is your chance to see demos and learn about new technology, tools and applications. This year there are seven different playground areas!
- Education Zone - This is focusing on the future of 3D design by highlighting products and designs created by students from high school through university engineering programs. You'll get a chance to talk with student competition teams from the Nashville area, France and India!
- Hackathon / 3DEXPERIENCE For Good - For the first time ever, you'll have an opportunity to give back at World. You can assemble prosthetic hands that will be donated to people in need around the world thanks to the Ellen Meadows Prosthetic Hand Foundation (LN-4) and build robotics kits to fuel SEM education in local communities courtesy of the EKGAR (Every Kid Gets a Robot) program.
- Model Mania - This section is not for the weak! Here you can go head to head against other users to show-off your design skills where it comes to speed and accuracy while modeling as well as how you handle changing and analyzing a design. In 2020, there will be an additional challenge involving two 3DEXPERIENCE apps, xDesign and xShape!
- XR Zone - In the XR Zone you will get a chance to test leading-edge innovations in Augmented and Virtual Reality! After spending time here you will be able to train people on how to assemble, interact and operate products, sell designs more effectively and improve internal collaboration and external design reviews. Plus, you'll be able to tour a Virtual Museum of Innovations!
- Mobile Fab Lab - Here you will get a taste of all the Fab Lab based out of Houston, TX has to offer! This includes access to new tools and technologies, hands-on learning opportunities and collaboration on a project all based around the theme, "How to Make (Almost) Anything Possible."
- Shop Floor - Here is your chance to not only see, but interact with the design through the manufacturing process. You will learn how different partners can help you manufacture your designs for profit all the way from 3D scanning to CNC machining to inspection and everything in between.
- SOLIDWORKS Live Studio - The SOLIDWORKS team doesn't want anyone to miss out, so they are streaming 3DEXPERIENCE live to YouTube and Facebook from the back of the playground. But that's not all, they are also going to actively be recording podcasts for the Born to Design series which will include customer stories, keynote interviews, up-and-coming technologies and other exciting news!
3DEXPERIENCE World brings people from all over to learn, discuss and share ideas on our favorite technology. This means it's also your prime networking time as you're able to connect with an abundance of like-minded people. SOLIDWORKS is offering a new networking chance to veteran attendees, as well as get-togethers for people with similar interests.
Whether it's your first year, or you're a seasoned pro attending World, this is the place to be! The Hive is a place to connect first-timers with event ambassadors to encourage mingling, friendships and sharing valuable insight to get the most out of 3DEXPERIENCE World.
New! - Hive Mind Meetups
This year there is a new session you can register for on your user agenda: Hive Mind Meetups. These are 30-minute speed-networking periods focusing on connecting you to like-minded individuals in your industry or profession. Designers, engineers, artists, hobbyists, CAD & PDM admins and more will all have the opportunity to meet and share ideas!
Are you a World expert ready to share your knowledge? Starting December 10th, you can apply to be a 3DEXPERIENCE World Ambassador and help make the event success. Not only will you have a special role and aid in making World awesome for newbies, but you'll also get some special swag, badges, a front-row seat to the General Sessions, exclusive meet and greets and more!
Tuesday Special Event
Every year there is a special event hosted by Dassault Systems on Tuesday. A chance where you get to unwind, eat, drink and socialize with other conference-goers.
This year it seems that they're keeping all the location details under wraps, but we do know it's February 11th from 7:00pm - 10:00pm CT. Follow us on Twitter to find out the location as soon as we do!
Want to take the highlights on the go with you?
Download our 3DEXPERIENCE World 2020 infographic!