In May 2016, Stratasys released GrabCad Print, a sophisticated 3D printing app that allows designers and engineers to prepare, schedule and monitor 3D printing jobs. Since its release, GrabCAD has continued to make exciting updates to this software; and I will be updating you every month on its new features - May 2018 launches GrabCAD Print 1.16 & 1.17.
Finally, GrabCAD Print 1.17 is here and it brings Connex3 systems to GrabCAD print. The Objet260, Objet350 and Objet500 will soon follow. (Note this feature is in public beta testing right now.) Also, there is no need to sign an agreement to get started. Below are some steps for this process.
1. First thing to do is to download GrabCAD Polyjet Job Manager and GrabCAD print.
- You must have an account for GrabCAD Print.
- You must be signed in at the website.
- Then you can download the programs.
2. We need to choose the type of setup you have with the printer.
3. We need to remove the old Job Manager
4. Get the Network info (the IP addresses of the computers and printers)
5. Download and install GrabCAD Polyjet Job Manager
6. Add the printer in GrabCAD and click start printing
The estimation tray for PolyJet’s will show a progress bar.
Color and texture profiles will revert to default as you change the tray materials for PolyJet printers. This prevents users from accidentally leaving the profiles on one that isn’t recommended.
To highlight 1.16 for large companies with strong IT requirements (and EDU sites), you should consider the Per-Machine installer. But both versions will be supported into the foreseeable future, and a breakdown of differences is found here. Also the latest version of CAD packages are now supported. This includes SOLIDWORKS 2018, Creo 4.0 Inventor 2018 and more.
With the last update GrabCAD it detects the printer settings (like materials and tips). This allows you to sync that to your current project that you're working on so you would not have to go find out what is loaded in your printer. Now those settings automatically import when you open the program.
Not yet signed up for GrabCAD Print? Download the software for free by clicking the link below.