On January 12, 2017, TriMech sponsored and supported RAMP MD’s 3D Aerospace and Defense Symposium at OpenWorks in Baltimore, Maryland. TriMech Account Representative Steve Simonetti had such a great experience at the event that we had to share. Here are the highlights:
Background of RAMP MD
For those who are outside of the Maryland region, RAMP MD (Regional Additive Manufacturing Partnership of Maryland) is a consortium of private businesses, educational institutions, governmental agencies and representatives of the U.S. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) that work together to expand Maryland’s capabilities in additive manufacturing. Established in 2014 by Maryland General Assembly, RAMP MD has focused on:
- Educating and supporting additive manufacturing workforce
- Providing access to facilities and equipment to manufacture AM products
- Building the required infrastructure to support the manufacturing base
About the Event
The 3D Aerospace and Defense Symposium was a huge hit! A variety of speakers and panelists gathered together to discuss the positive influence additive manufacturing has made in the aerospace and defense industries. Between the exhibits, breakout sessions and other activities RAMP MD helped plan, there was never a dull moment.
An estimated 150+ people attended the symposium, including representatives from industry, government, academia and research sectors. Companies with a range of additive manufacturing capabilities came together to join the discussion. Among the many topics explored, some of our favorites included:
- 3D printing applications in aerospace and defense sectors
- Future requirements of government agencies in aerospace and defense additive manufacturing
- New materials and databases
- Projected additive manufacturing trends
- Educational pathways and workforce development
- Intellectual property and working in classified environments
TriMech was fortunate to be one of RAMP MD's sponsors and have our 3D printing products on exhibit. Steve also had the pleasure of talking with several thought leaders in the aerospace and defense additive manufacturing industry. Below is a picture of him at the TriMech booth.
Steve Simonetti and our other account representatives continue to support our manufacturing clients with the best additive manufacturing tools and resources. Keep up the good work, team!
Looking for events or the chance to talk to a representative in your area?