The release of SOLIDWORKS 2018 provides many enhancements and improvements, most of which were created in response to requests from customers like yourself. These enhancements deliver improvements to existing products as well as introduce new functionality.
We asked our engineers to pick their favorite new features from the SOLIDWORKS 2018 release. Below is a sneak peek at their top 11 picks and the enhancements we’ll be covering in our upcoming blog series:
- SOLIDWORKS Online Licensing: Now, it is easier than ever to use your license on multiple machines and manage your SOLDIWORKS products and services.
- Mirror 3D Sketch Geometry & Mirror Planes in Sketches: The mirror function is improved for both 2D and 3D sketches. With SOLIDWORKS 2018 both styles of sketches can be mirrored about a reference plane.
- 'Alt' to Hide Faces During Mating: With the ability to hide faces temporarily when adding mates, SOLIDWORKS 2018 helps to make selections of faces and edges that are not visible.
- Smart Explode Lines: You can now create smart explode lines automatically for components in an exploded view.
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Revision Table Integration: With this new functionality in SOLIDWORKS 2018, you now have the power to integrate revision tables directly with SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- SOLIDWORKS CAM: Powered by CAMWorks, SOLIDWORKS CAM allows you to integrate design and manufacturing processes under one system.
- Topology Study: Now, you can explore design iterations of a component that satisfy a given optimization goal and geometric constraints.
- Inspection Reports from Parts & Assemblies: Create inspection reports directly from dimensions and annotations applied straight to 3D parts and assemblies.
- Smart Capture in SOLIDWORKS Inspection: This new tool speeds up the process of creating inspection documentation faster than SOLIDWORKS Inspection 2017.
- Stereoscopic VR Rendering in Visualize: Visualize introduces new tools to create 360° animations that can be used to prepare interactive virtual reality content.
- Tab and Slot Features for Sheet Metal and Weldments: You can now automate the creation of tab and slot features used for self-fixturing of parts for welding.
Do you want to learn more about the SOLIDWORKS 2018 enhancements and updates? Download our infographic highlighting TriMech’s Top 11 Favorite Features in SOLIDWORKS 2018.