Antero 840CN03 (ESD) is a PEKK-based FDM thermoplastic with carbon nanotubes specifically formulated for the flexibility of FDM technology. It combines physical and mechanical qualities with the use of electrostatic dissipative (ESD) properties. The electrostatic dissipative capability makes this material a better fit for prototyping electronics, compared to Antero 800NA. The Antero ESD is chemical and wear-resistant, has ultra-low outgassing properties and is a high-performance ESD. These qualities are critical in space and industrial applications.
Antero 840CN03 allows for design flexibility and fabrication of complex routing guide without weight or cost penalties.
Printing Technology: FDM
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) technology uses production-grade thermoplastics to create parts that are designed to be accurate, easily replicated and stable over time. The FDM process allows for 3D printing with the most commonly used thermoplastics, such as ABS, polycarbonate, a variety of blends, as well as engineered thermoplastics for aerospace, medical, automotive, electronic and other specialty applications.
When printing on an FDM machine you tend to get stronger parts since you are working with thermal plastics. If you plan on testing your parts in a strenuous process, FDM may be the better choice. These materials specialize in high tensile strength and resistance to high temperatures.
Helpful Information About Antero ESD
Electrostatic Discharge Safe : The Antero ESD mechanical properties are an excellent source for safety when it comes to resisting electrostatic discharge. Electrostatic discharge is the transfer of an electric charge that occurs when two objects that are charged to different electric potentials are brought into contact with each other. This contact can cause sparks and lead to the electronic device to get caught on fire. This material was created to solve this problem and supports ESD values ranging from 104 – 109 ohms per square inch.
- High Chemical Resistance: The Antero ESD is a highly-resistant composite that can handle the most demanding applications, including harsh chemicals. It has the ability of a polymeric material to maintain its original properties after being exposed to an indicated chemical reagent environment for a specified time period.
- Ultra-Low Outgassing: In order to keep costs low, maximize design capabilities and keep property weights low, the Antero ESD releases gas that was dissolved, trapped, frozen or absorbed in some material. This is critical for space applications because the released gases can condense onto optical elements, thermal radiators or solar cells and obscure them.
Learn More About Antero ESD
This article is just an introduction to this material. For additional details and specifics about all that it can do, take a look at some of our related content:
- Download the Antero 840CN03 (ESD) Material Data Sheet
- Download the Antero 840CN03 (ESD) Material Guide Overview
- Download the FDM Systems and Materials Overview
Want to learn more about how to ensure your FDM printer has a long life? Download our FDM Maintenance Checklist below.