Do you find yourself creating essentially the same product repeatedly? Have you attempted to “automate” your sales, engineering or manufacturing process to save time and resources? If you've ever dreamt of letting customers configure their own products online, enabling your sales team to generate instantaneous quotes and drawings or even having SOLIDWORKS create all of your manufacturing data automatically at the push of a button – DriveWorks might be the product for you.
DriveWorks software is used in collaboration with SOLIDWORKS for design automation and sales configuration by companies large and small. Whether you are an engineer that needs design automation to automate your SOLIDWORKS models and manufacturing data, or a company wanting to provide a product configurator and guided selling for those outside your engineering team such as sales, vendors and customers, DriveWorks software is the ultimate choice for SOLIDWORKS.
Benefits of Using DriveWorks
The ability to configure, price and quote easily has become essential for manufacturing companies of all sizes, in all industries. Customized products are becoming the norm. DriveWorks allows for you to transform the way you do business by closing the gap between initial sales inquiries and manufactured products with DriveWorks CPQ for SOLIDWORKS. DriveWorks easily integrates with SOLIDWORKS projects you've already begun and the data you've already created and stored.
DriveWorks can provide your company with numerous benefits including:
Respond To Sales Inquiries, Faster
- Automatically send eye-catching branded documents that are personalized to each customer and order
- A quicker response time shortens the entire time-to-delivery
Improve Overall Product Quality
- Configure and preview projects inside of SOLIDWORKS to validate the design before the project goes to production
- Perform scenario-based analysis for automated (i.e. cheaper and less time-consuming) trial-and-error
- DriveWorks product configurators are based on rules, calculations and logic, improving the quality of outputs, reducing costly errors and strengthening your reputation
Reduce Repetitive Tasks
- DriveWorks allows you to capture your methodology for an intended design by creating rules that can be applied to all future designs that are like the original
- DriveWorks includes a collection of templates (Quotes, Covering Letters, BOMs, etc.) that can be set up, or you can use your existing quote templates to send out an automatic response triggered by certain events such as sales requests
- Integrate into third party systems – push and pull customer data, BOMs, manufacturing data and pricing between systems automatically using DriveWorks’ integration capabilities
Reduce The Cost Of Custom Designs
- Lower design costs due to automation of many aspects of the design process
- Fewer resources are needed to complete custom designs – engineers can now focus on new product designs or R&D
- Shorter sales cycle because of a higher possible turnover rate
- Higher levels of customer service are now possible as a result of the higher project turnover rate
- Keep up with higher demand with the same resource overhead thanks to DriveWorks automation
All these things add up to one thing: more sales.
Take a deeper look into what all DriveWorks has to offer with our Get To Know DriveWorks on-Demand Webinar, where TriMech Application Engineer, Devin Martin, explores DriveWorks in SOLIDWORKS.